PUBG has performed phenomenally over 2017. The game has garnered a massive audience that tune into the title’s online survival mode. With over 2.3M players logging into the title on a daily basis, the developers have taken great care and consideration from their player base.
Recently, the team over at Bluehole released a few patch notes on Steam that highlight what the latest patch brings to the table. Based off of what Bluehole has been vocal about and how they’ve been interacting with the community, it seems like their doing a great job finding solutions to general issues as well. Along with the release of the latest update, Bluehole has announced that match pools would now prioritize low-ping players. While this may be an excellent sign for many, the developers have some legit reasons behind this. In their blog post, they mentioned:
“The team is expecting to improve the overall play experience by splitting the matching pool rather than restricting connection depending on ping. Preparations are underway to test this method in some regions, with first trials planned to start this week. Specific dates will be shared when ready.”
Since banning players and clearing up the community was among their top tasks in last month, the team has now switch over to fixing a lot of issues that persist in the game. These issues include optimizations, UI upgrades, general player feedback and a whole lot more. In the upcoming months, we’re personally expecting to see Bluehole introduce new upgrades and improvements within the game. Regarding the what the latest patch brings to the table, here’s its patch notes.
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat
More from Gaming News
Need For Speed Payback has been garnering a decent amount of attention from EA. Despite its rocky launch, the title …
Huawei has been a big contender to many brands in the smartphone industry. The Chinese company is yet to release …